Thursday, September 14, 2006


Not that I'm name dropping (haha!) but a friend of mine (who just happens to be an international model) will be strutting the catwalk in Portsmouth next month at the OneWorld FairTrade Fashion Show.

Just to get you in the mood, I'll rattle of some stats I've come across (or rather, my girlfreind came across ... I believe this is the first time she has been mentioned, but we won't go into that now, especially when I've just revealed a friend of mine is an international model) whilst doing some research for the screenplay.

$1.5 trillion is traded on the world money markets every day. In 1997, the turnover of General Motors EXCEEDED the GDP of Thailand

The wealth of the 200 richest people in the world exceeded the income of the poorest 41% of the world population.

The wealth of the worlds 3 richest billionaires exceeds the combined GNP of ALL the least developed countries (some 600 million people in total)

These figures were taken from the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) 1999

I don't think there's anything to add to that really is there ...?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment