Saturday, September 30, 2006

My latest mission statement ...

I've wanted to start 'something', 'somewhere' where the self or wannabe published can come together and showcase their books. Either on a bloody great website or with links or just swapping marketing tips. There are probably these things already out there and they're probably already charging a fortune ...
After being told I couldn't get involved at the Edinburgh book festival because I was self-published, i started thinking, what if a 'fringe' book festival could be organised to showcase UNPUBLISHED peoples work, wouldn't that be great?!?! I'm prepared to give it a go. I guess I just need someone to tell me it's a good idea and not another of my pie-in-the-sky nonsense dreams. I mean, with 200 submissions a week landing on agents desks, there's a lot more of us 'failures' out there than the ones who have made it. It would be HUGE! I just need to find some others ...
Right anyway, I've decided I'm going to start a community ... RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. If you want to showcase your work on my website ... send me an email at lee@leecrompton.com or globalcrommers@yahoo.co.uk. THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment