Saturday, September 30, 2006

I'm sorry, I know I prone to keep doing this, but I feel another rant coming on. (You have to be quick to see them though because I usually feel guilty and edit or delete them or somebody tells me off). Today, I am mostly hacked off with adverts. Following my (Connor's) rant in Worlds Apart, I still feel that Western society sucks. Whilst in other parts of the world people are starving, don't have clean water or two pennies to rub together, we're bombarded with adverts selling 'product of the year' hair stuff and TURBO QUATTRO SUPER NITRO CHARGED RAZORS & GEL! What a nonsense. We should now be shaving with 5 blades apparently. The reason? Because you don't have to press so hard and therefore cause LESS IRRITATION. Will it be the case that in 5 years time razors will be a foot wide to fit all the blades required from the ever demanding consumer? Some of them, I understand, are now also battery operated! What was ever wrong with just 1 blade. They still use the Sweeny Todd type in Turkey and they appear to work ... just fine.
This is just an example of course but Western Society is driving me barking mad! Another reason is our obsession with celebrities. Again, despite all the troubles in the world, newspapers recently decided it was more important to report that a statue had been unveiled which was a representation of what Tom Cruise & thingy's baby POOP (yes, poop!) probably looked like. I mean ... is it just me????
To end with, my girlfriend was in tears yesterday. WHY? I hear you ask. Was it because she'd been upset at the news that an airplane carrying at least 150 people had vanished in the amazon or because another 13 more people had been killed in a car bomb attack in the middle east? No, the photocopier at university failed to print and had eaten her lat £3 of credit. Sources close to my girlfriend confirmed, 'it had been the end of a very frustrating day.'

No comments:

Post a Comment