Sunday, May 16, 2010


The Big Bowel Bike Bonanza
Challenge Ride - 51 Miles - Glasgow to Edinburgh

Following the success of the 3 Peaks Challenge in aid of Bowel Cancer UK last year, I've decided to compete in the Pedal for Scotland event in September 2010.
This time I'll be raising money for "Beating Bowel Cancer" and at the same time supporting Maggie's Cancer Care Centres, to which the entrance fee is donated.
Before we get into the details of the challenge, I should point out I'll be taking part on my old school mountain bike (a few of you might remember the red Diamondback) and I can honestly say my arse has barely touched the saddle since I passed my driving test ... nearly 20 years ago.
So apart from not having done any cycling for 2 decades and taking part on a mountain bike older than the average age of the cast of Glee, pedalling about on cycle paths for the equivalent distance of Bournemouth to Portsmouth should be a doddle.
The challenge is now in it's 12th year. The 51 mile Glasgow to Edinburgh ride is Scotland's biggest bike ride and attracted over 7000 participants last year.
A big thank you to everyone who supported us last year. Together we raised over £6000 for Bowel Cancer UK. Any donations this year for another fantastic cause would be gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment