Sunday, January 28, 2007


An update on the thriller ... I'm afraid to report that nothing has happened. What with signing up for full-time employment to boost the coffers apres Christmas, and getting the Xbox online ... it ain't happening. I plan to sit down in the week and plan a schedule to give me a target completion date however.

On another note, I have been to see 2 films recently, both very good. Last weekend, I saw The Last King of Scotland, and on Friday I watched Blood Diamonds. I would suggest going to see the latter if you're a man who is under any pressure to get engaged. Diamonds are BAD, people die ... make do with a Coke ring pull or it's nothing.

A rant to finish with, whilst Africans are forced to work as slaves, some of whom die, for Westerns to look pretty with rocks on their fingers, whilst kiddy fiddlers are let loose on our streets because we don't have enough room in prisons, it's good to know that back in the reality of planet celebrity earth where nobody gives a crap, Tommy Walsh has now plastered his face over and endorsed wallplugs ... ALL wallplugs. You can't just buy a big box of plastic wallplugs which are either suitable for EITHER plasterboard or blockwork, oh no, the only plugs on sale in Homebase were "celebrity" endorsed wallplugs in assorted sizes. They were of course extremely over-priced because (a) they have to pay Tommy Walsh to put his name on them and (b) they're supposedly super-dooper plugs suitable for plasterboard OR blockwork. Wow Tommy, I'll never go back to using NORMAL cheap plugs they use on building sites all over the country ever again.

No matter, I intend to cheer myself up tonight by watching Dawn of the Dead having been recently informed by one of the English teachers at Lytchett that as well as being a horror film, it's also a social commentary on American consumerism and materialism. I think tonight's is the remake though, so whether that has the same undertones, I don't know. In any case, as I eventually intend to write a zombie book (should I ever finish the thriller) it'll be good research in any case.

OVER AND OUT ...

No comments:

Post a Comment