Sunday, June 18, 2006

Things not going so well at the moment. I've emailed a few branches of Ottaker's and only my local one in Falkirk has responded although they haven't agreed to stock it as of yet. No word either from the head buyer at Ottacker's ... or Paul Daniels ... or the Sydney Bridge climb (in search of Todd from Neighbours).

I have another couple of ideas in mind though ... I refuse to be beaten that easily ... and my mate James has agreed to do leaflet drops in Ripon. He's nice like that!

As for the decorating ...

1) I picked up a new cheap and cheerful bathroom suite on Friday only to have to take the sink back on Saturday as it only had a hole for one tap when I'd ordered two.

2) Although having rung the couriers to make sure my consignment of taps and shower and towel rail were being delivered ... they never turned up.

3) The new fireplace arrived from Argos ... only to find the back panel was pre-cut for a fire whereas we want to make a feature out of it.

On a completely different tangent, I feel I want to get off my chest ... being an England fan in Scotland ain't much fun. I'm saying no more than that!

I shall finish on a positive though. The re-vamped 12 months is now edited into the new format and will be emailed to the printers in the morning. That way, if bookshops DO decide to stock my books I won't have a spanking shiny WORLDS APART sat next to a wafer thin 12 MONTHS with miniscule print. They'll be two bloody great spankers and no mistake.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment