Sunday, July 16, 2006

I've had a complaint ... my friend Claire stated during a BBQ last night (yes, it was even warm enough in Scotland for one) that I don't write enough on the blog, and when I do, she doesn't want to know about my fireplace. I took heart from this though seeing as how it proves at least one other person actually reads the damn thing.
In truth, I'm find writing this blog quite hard in my current position (handstands & typing are never very compatible). There's a certain amount of PC required i feel, or maybe I'm just a bit of a wimp, but there's more bad than good to report and to vent my frustrations might come across in the wrong way. Am I furious that my printers have let me down again and failed to deliver the books which i specifically requested for a book signing this weekend even though I rang and double checked well in advance that everything was OK? Yes, I'm f**king raging. What is the point of me doing my upmost to arrange book signings, sending out press releases and getting the local newspapers involved if I haven't got any f**king books? But, should i share this and risk upsetting the printers who know I'm struggling to get anyone else to do it at the same price and quality? Should I reveal the name of the reporter I called a wanker after he aimed the first 10 minutes an interview to question my affinity with the area where I was born? Should I vent my frustration that hardly any press releases are ever responded to? Or that certain book stores react as if I'm asking if it would be possible to cut off their right leg as opposed to stock five books ... or moan about the amount of discount when it seems to be OK for the rest of the branches and I'm barely breaking even anyway?
Probably not! For in my current delicate position, I need all these people on my side ... the newspapers, the printers, the radio stations, the book shops and after all the hard work of getting to this point, why run the risk of spoiling it?
By the way, Claire was responsible for the banana eating episode in Worlds Apart ... so I shouldn't listen to too much she has to say ... (I'm joking Claire so don't do one of your glares!)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous25 July, 2006

    I have to say that I found your comments regarding your fire place interesting..... although I would say that because I also find insulation interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25 July, 2006

    I have to say that I found your comments regarding your fire place interesting..... although I would say that because I also find insulation and scweed interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ask for the truth you get the truth!!! lol - glad to see your keeping it going Mr I hear there was some success at the weekend so congrats. Also thanks for revealing my idnetity - can i say in my defense that the border was really scary and they had big guns!!!

    ReplyDelete